Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Course Planning Nightmare

It's been quite a week. Have been flat out since I got back last Monday, but now I've got my course planning assignment in I can relax a little - for the moment! I had intended to do some work on my assignment while I was in Australia, but as I should have anticipated I got hardly any work done and instead was up late Sunday evening trying to finish the damned thing off.

I actually thought I'd have all of Saturday to work on my assignment, but Saturday morning the owners of the house (who are back in Sri Lanka on holiday) called to say they'd like to come round - typical. Dhanushka wasn't back from Colombo and hadn't cleaned up as I'd asked him to, so I had to rush round trying to make sure the house was looking fairly tidy. Unfortunately it looks like we're going to have to move. The owners are probably coming back to Sri Lanka in August, which means no more wonderful views. Very sad, but what to do. At least they've given us lots of time to look for somewhere else.

Some good news from Kirsten and Jon - Kirsten gave birth to a not-so-little (4.4kg) girl last Friday. Kirsten and Ingrid are both doing well according the the e-mail I had from Jon and Sofie is apparently enjoying being an older sister. Kirsten must be so relieved as she was very uncomfortable when I saw her a couple of week ago and was counting the days.

The washing machine is broken at the moment, so we're going to have to go round to a friend's place to do some laundry at some point this morning. I'd like to fit in a swim as well as I haven't had time to go to the pool since I got back. The weather has been very odd here over the past week, but it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day today - now that the mist is lifting. I actually need to start working on my next assignment, but I think I can allow myself to have the morning off. Can't wait 'til this course is over!