Christmas 2007
It's that time of the year again. Thankfully my family haven't been sucked in by the commercial side of Christmas - there were a few presents for everyone under the tree this morning, but nothing over the top. We're having Christmas lunch here then heading to my cousin's place later in the afternoon. The forecast is for 39 degrees, so I think keeping cool indoors is the way to go.Dhanushka and I arrived in Perth on Sunday morning and have both been catching up on some much needed rest. We had about 8 hours in Singapore on the way over, so when we arrived on Sunday morning we were both exhausted. There was an earlier flight from Singapore that we could have taken, but it would have meant arriving at 1.30 in the morning and I didn't want to make my Mum and Dad come out to the airport at that time.
As we had so long in Singapore we decided to head into the city for dinner. The weather wasn't that great, but despite the rain, which was torrential at times, we managed to see a some of the city - including the Christmas lights along Orchard Rd. We had something to eat at a hawker centre. After the culinary desert that is Kandy, it was mind-blowing to have so much choice.
I finished work on Thursday and on Friday morning we drove down to Negombo with Alison and Martin (who have got the car while we're away) and stayed at a guesthouse by the beach. Finishing work was such a relief. It's been a long, hard term - particularly with the DELTA as well - and this break is much needed. I had an assessed lesson on Wednesday - one of the activities took a lot longer than I'd anticipated, but apart from that the lesson went OK. I don't think I have another assessed lesson until February now - will probably have to do some work while I'm here in Australia though as I have an assignment due just after I get back.
Once Christmas is over I'm hoping to catch up with some friends. We're here in Western Australia until January 3, which isn't that long. Would love to spend longer and take Dhanushka down to the south-west, but I want to catch up with people over East as well.
Merry Christmas!

<< Home