News and Birthdays
Ding, dong the witch is dead. That's the text I received from Suzanne last night, which sums up exactly how I feel. The John Howard era is finally over and like many of my friends in Australia a sense of relief describes how I feel right now. Right up until the last minute I was really worried that Howard would somehow manage to turn things around, but there was no Tampa this time and after 11 years of conservative government the majority of Australians saw through the lies, deceit and empty promises. Happy days!
I'm feeling very relaxed today - pity I have to work really. My assessed lesson was on Friday and although I was really worried about it, thankfully it went really well. I was very stressed in the lead up to the lesson - trying to finish off the lesson plan and the background essay - and full of self-doubt. I had planned to have the essay and lesson plan by Tuesday, but I was still working on both on Thursday evening - had lots of trouble trying to design tasks for the listening I had chosen. It's all over now though - for the moment! I have to finish another assignment before we head to Australia, so will have to start working on that tomorrow.
I have to get ready for work now. Not much else to report really, given that I've been completely focused on finishing my assignment for the past week.
Happy Birthday Philip!!!!
I'm feeling very relaxed today - pity I have to work really. My assessed lesson was on Friday and although I was really worried about it, thankfully it went really well. I was very stressed in the lead up to the lesson - trying to finish off the lesson plan and the background essay - and full of self-doubt. I had planned to have the essay and lesson plan by Tuesday, but I was still working on both on Thursday evening - had lots of trouble trying to design tasks for the listening I had chosen. It's all over now though - for the moment! I have to finish another assignment before we head to Australia, so will have to start working on that tomorrow.
I have to get ready for work now. Not much else to report really, given that I've been completely focused on finishing my assignment for the past week.
Happy Birthday Philip!!!!

<< Home