Top-down & Bottom-up
Fines for phone use whilst driving liftsHad never realised that lift driving was a profession, so when I saw the above headline when I was logging into my yahoo account a few moments ago I was curious to find out more. Turns out that the article was actually about the huge increase in the fines issued in Australia to people using their mobiles while driving - nothing about lift drivers at all, which is very disappointing.
At home on a Sunday evening - recovering after a long day at work. I'm feeling much better now. The rash has pretty much disappeared and I have what feels like boundless energy. I can now sit without any pain either, which is a real relief.
This coming Friday I have an assessed lesson, so it's going to be a busy few days trying to get my assignment finished ready. The assignment has to be submitted before I teach the lesson, so I want to get everything done by Tuesday evening. Have chosen to focus on listening for this assignment, with a particular emphasis on top-down and bottom-up processing - fascinating stuff! I would actually much rather spend the next couple of days by the pool - might treat myself if I get lots done tomorrow.
The weather has improved dramatically - hard to believe that just a few weeks ago that there was torrential rain every day. I don't mind the rain, but everything gets so damp and after months of torrential rain it gets kind of depressing. Looking forward to endless sunny days...
Have decided not to subject the world to any more photos of my rash. Have gone for something more serene this time - the statue of the Buddha which I see every day from my desk at work.

<< Home