Friday, April 02, 2010

On Holiday

From this afternoon I'm officially on holiday and tomorrow morning I'm off to Turkey. Maggie's flight is at 1am tomorrow morning, so we've organised a taxi to pick us up this evening and I'll stay in Negombo near the airport after dropping Maggie off at the airport.

Am really looking forward to this trip - particularly visiting İstanbul. Kiya is on the same flight from Doha, so meeting up is going to be easy. We're not actually staying in İstanbul as Kiya was there for a couple of months a few summers ago. Instead we're heading straight to the main bus station and catching an overnight bus to Kapadokya in central Turkey, where we're planning on spending 4 days. I'm not a big fan of overnight buses, but Kiya only has a week off, so we want to make the most of the time we have together.

The photo is one I took the other morning when I went for a walk by the lake before having breakfast. The weather seems to less unsettled today, but since Saturday there's been a storm most afternoons and the mornings have often been misty. Although the lake is not actually that pleasant to walk around because of the heavy traffic, it's a beautiful part of Kandy.

Off to work. I'm placement testing today, so thankfully I don't have any preparation to do. Next post from Turkey.