Paris
Hard to believe that I'm back in Paris. Dhanushka is even more blown away as it's the first time he's ever been out of Sri Lanka. I can't imagine how it must feel for him as even though there are lots of places in the world I haven't been to travel is second-nature for me.We arrived safely last night after a long journey from Dubai. Luckily it didn't take us too long to get through immigration and get out luggage, so we were in central Paris by 10. I was worried that Dhanushka might have problems at immigration, but they didn't ask him anything in the end.
The place where we're staying is right in the centre - a 10-minute walk from Notre Dame! It was quite cloudy this morning and there were a couple of showers while we were out and about, but the sun is out now. We're back at the room at the moment having a rest, but are planning on heading out again soon and are thinking about going to the Louvre this evening as it's open until 10.
Dhanushka can't believe how late it gets dark here. It's dark by 6 year-round in Sri Lanka, so it must be quite strange for him for it to be still light at 10pm. Great for sightseeing though.
We head to the UK on Friday - only 2 days here unfortunately, but we only have 3 weeks in total. Before we know it we'll be back in Kandy!!!

<< Home