A Recovery
Unfortunately I haven't been so well again recently - ever since I had glandular fever I seem to come down with whatever is going around with alarming regularity. Still - I managed to make it through the week and am feeling much better today.Dhanushka is in Colombo - went down to hand in his application for a visa for Australia. Even though it's a poya day today the visa office was open, so I thought today would be a good day to get everything sorted out - fingers crossed that he gets a visa.
Last night there was a get together at one of my colleague's house as the country director for Sri Lanka was paying us a visit here in Kandy and Dhanushka was the celebrity chef. His food went down a treat - even with the two Sri Lankan members of staff that came. He was really worried about cooking for other Sri Lankans. The dish of the evening seemed to be the papaya curry - heavenly!
Have done very little work on my assignment - haven't had the energy. The lesson I had to teach as part of the research went really well though and there was lots of very positive feedback from the students. I have Saturday off, so hopefully should be able to whip it into shape (!) then. No break though because as soon as this assignment is done I have to start working on the next one. Roll on December!!!
Although the weather has generally been quite bad (it's raining now) there have been moments of sunshine. Yesterday morning was beautiful, so I went up to the roof to take some photos of what we can see from the British Council. The town centre is architecturally not much to write home about, but the hills surrounding the town ... the greenery is what makes Kandy a wonderful place to live.
Work tomorrow...

<< Home