Continuing Health Issues
The good news is I don't have a fungal infection. The bad news is it turns out I have shingles, which is why I'm up typing this at 2 in the morning!
While I was examining on Monday I noticed that the rash was spreading, so yesterday morning I decided to go back to the hospital. The doctor took one look at the rash and straight away confirmed that I had shingles. I've been given some anti-viral medication, but basically I just have to let the virus run its course. Up until a few hours ago I was feeling OK, but I think the rash is starting to blister and the pain has become quite intense - so intense that I haven't been able to get to sleep. I was planning on going to work today, but I don't think I'm going to be in any fit state to go to work - especially if I don't get any sleep.
I've learned lots of interesting facts about the human body while trawling the Internet finding out about shingles. It seems that human skin is divided into dermatones, each of which is supplied by a single spinal nerve, and interestingly the herpes zoster virus only ever effects a single dermatone - one of the sacral dermatones in my case. Amazing what information can be found on the Net.
I might try and get a little bit of sleep, although I'm not sure how much I'll actually get. No matter how I position myself it's still painful. Poor me!!!
While I was examining on Monday I noticed that the rash was spreading, so yesterday morning I decided to go back to the hospital. The doctor took one look at the rash and straight away confirmed that I had shingles. I've been given some anti-viral medication, but basically I just have to let the virus run its course. Up until a few hours ago I was feeling OK, but I think the rash is starting to blister and the pain has become quite intense - so intense that I haven't been able to get to sleep. I was planning on going to work today, but I don't think I'm going to be in any fit state to go to work - especially if I don't get any sleep.
I've learned lots of interesting facts about the human body while trawling the Internet finding out about shingles. It seems that human skin is divided into dermatones, each of which is supplied by a single spinal nerve, and interestingly the herpes zoster virus only ever effects a single dermatone - one of the sacral dermatones in my case. Amazing what information can be found on the Net.
I might try and get a little bit of sleep, although I'm not sure how much I'll actually get. No matter how I position myself it's still painful. Poor me!!!

<< Home