Saturday, November 10, 2007

Nice Picture!

At home on a Saturday morning - gearing myself up to do some study. I actually don't feel like studying as I'm still feeling a bit run down, but I don't want to get behind.

The rash is still there, but thankfully nowhere near as painful as it was on Wednesday. It's very ugly though (see picture!) and I still have problems sitting for long periods of time because of where the rash is. At some point the blisters are supposed to crust over - something I think is beginning to happen.

I haven't been to work so far this week, but might go in tomorrow. It's tempting to take another day off though - I want to make sure I'm fully recovered. Will see how I feel later today.

Being at home for 3 days is quite surreal - reminds me of when I was off work in 2004 with glandular fever. Time seems to pass so slowly, but then suddenly it's evening and another day is over. Have been doing some reading - Death in the Andes by Peruvian writer Mario Vargas Llosa - and have watched a few DVDs - that's pretty much the extent of my life at the moment. Internet access though is what's keept me going - my link to the outside world!